The Diploma consists of nine units as follows:
- 5 units which focus on various areas of Islamic Studies such as Arabic, Qur’an, Hadith (prophetic traditions) and Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence).
- 4 units which relate to community services and focus on group activities, workplace communications and community programs.
The vocational outcome of this qualification is an Imam and /or a religious instructor, and it intends to provide participants with a range of knowledge and skills to perform the following functions associated with an Imam:
- Leading prayers
- Teaching the Qur’an
- Teaching Arabic
- Offering Islamic counselling and guidance as needed
- Providing Islamic teachings to increase knowledge and provide for spiritual growth of community members.
- Developing and implementing community programs.